Monday 4 November 2013

Quotes

1) "Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what." - Unknown

I choose to share this quote because I agree 100% about what it says and means. Throughout my life I have met many wonderful people that mean a lot to me and have had a impact on my life. I have been figure skating since I was 4 and have grown up with the people at the rink. They are like my second family. Everyone is so close and we would do anything for each other. A group of 20 of us went to Florida 2 years ago for a week of training and it was defiantly the best trip of my life. Mostly because we all grew so much closer and created life lasting memories.

2) "The moment when you're ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens."- Unknown

I believe in this quote because i've had an experience like that described in the quote. A few years ago I had the worst competition of my life and had never done so bad before. I was defiantly frustrated and ready to quit. I couldn't understand why it had happened and what I was doing wrong. Practices were going well but when it came time to compete nothing worked. It felt as if all my training was going to waste. Although I wanted to quit there was something that told me to keep going and to not give up. I went back to practice and trained even harder and the next competition I ended up achieving a seasons best and personal best. I couldn't ask for anything more. I went from the worst competition of my life to the best.

3) You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."- Wayne Gretzky

Being involved in sports my whole life I can defiantly relate to this quote. Every opportunity you are given you need to take. You have to always go for it and don't hold back. Give it your everything and if you try and do not succeed at least you can say you tried. You are never going to succeed if you don't try. Take risks and live with no regret.




No comments:

Post a Comment